TruLight127 provides specialized training and guidance to help you provide a nurturing and stable home for children who have been abused or neglected.
We are always in need of parents and families who can provide:
- Homes for sibling groups of two or more
- Homes for children of all racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds
- Homes for children with behavioral, emotional, or physical special needs
- Homes for teenagers
Why Choose TruLight127?
- A professional case management team to help you through the process and support for you throughout your time with TruLight127
- Experienced trainers who are knowledgeable in the child welfare system and the needs of the children served
- Access to the Shining Light Donation Center at the TruLight127 Office filled with clothing, hygiene products, school supplies, etc.
- Online support and training resources, including a website dedicated to the Foster Care & Adoption program
- On-going annual in-house training
- Opportunities for cultural events such as Kid’s Day Out programs, Fall Festival’s, Christmas Events, Spring Flings, etc.
- 24/7 Parent Support for emergency situations
- Beautiful training and meeting facilities on the Jonathan’s Place campus
Join us at the Next Orientation
If you are interested in learning more about becoming foster or foster-to-adopt home, join us at our upcoming orientation. Check out our Events Calendar for details and RSVP information
We strive to find high-quality caregivers for the children we serve. The intended result of recruitment is to find a family who is motivated by love and committed to providing a safe, nurturing, and stable environment for a child. The knowledge and skills of the foster or adoptive parents are critical to the well-being of the children in their care.
Our training takes a comprehensive approach and requires families to complete a total of 40 hours of pre-service training and interactive training hours. Families complete annual training hours to continue their education.
After a child is placed with a family, the goal is to provide unequaled support for the entire family. Our experienced and professional case managers are committed and provide in-home visits, identifying community resources, and act as the liaison between the family and the CPS caseworker. We also provide services such as Emergency Placement Kits and Project Foster Destiny as an ongoing support.